Plastisol | Plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Plastisol is a plasticized polyvinyl chloride resin (liquid) that is cured by heat (~350°F) to form a solid product once cooled. Plastisol is used to manufacture a variety of industrial and commercial products and is popular because of its versatility. Refer to the Common End Products & Applications section below for examples of products that are manufactured with Plastisol.
Plastisol formulations range from very soft (Shore A5) to very firm (Shore D90) and typical processing techniques include pour/open molding, dip molding and coating, rotational molding, slush molding, roller coating and laminating. Softer varieties of Plastisol are considered remeltable, while harder Plastisols (>Shore A35) cannot be remelted.
California Medical Innovations (CMI), a Division of Polytek® Development Corp., has over 35 years of experience in custom formulation and compounding of Plastisol and operates in an ISO 9001:2008 registered polymer facility.
CMI can custom compound and formulate liquid Plastisol to your unique requirements. Common end products that are manufactured with CMI Plastisol and customizable properties are listed below.
Plastisol is a very versatile material with uses in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. Common end products and markets include:
- Grips & Handles (e.g., Tool Handles)
- Protective Coatings (e.g., Rack and Pipe Coating)
- Flexible Molds for Casting Concrete Stone Veneer
- Soft & Rigid Fishing Lures
- Props (e.g., Food Props)
- Plugs & Caps
- Nasal Aspirators and other products used in the medical industry
- Traffic Cones
- Buoys & Boat Bumpers
- Dolls & Other Novelty Toys
- Floor Mats, Car Dashboards & Aftermarket Automotive Parts
- Conveyor Belts
- Air Filter Gaskets
- Textile & Fabric Applications
- Other Commercial, Industrial, Construction, Military & Recreational Applications
Additional raw materials can be added to the Plastisol base mixture to achieve varying final properties. Some customizable properties include:
- Color (opaque, clear, translucent, glow-in-the-dark, fluorescent, custom color matching available, etc.)
- Durometer (Shore A5-D90)
- Resistance Properties (chemical, mildew, dielectric, anti-static, etc.)
- Texture & Finish (gloss, matte, satin, foam, etc.)
- Tensile & Tear Strength
- Adhesion Properties
- Phthalate-Free Options
In an industry that thrives on customization, Polytek and California Medical Innovations take great pride in listening to and understanding its customers’ needs. Highly trained technical and laboratory personnel will listen to customer concerns and provide technical solutions. Because we tie our success as a business directly with the success of our clients, we take on projects and systems we know we can deliver with absolute certainty and to the high level of quality our clients have come to expect.
Minimum volumes are required for custom formulation.
Please submit a request for additional information or a quote, call Polytek Development Corp. at 610.559.8620 or 800.858.5990, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.