Poly 74-Series Liquid Mold Rubbers
These polyurethane liquid mold rubbers are soft to mid-range hardness, high-performance, room temperature curing systems. They offer superior flexibility and toughness allowing durable molds to be made from relatively simple to the most highly detailed, undercut and complex models. The 74-Series liquid mold rubbers are supplied as pourable liquids so poured block and blanket molds can be made with ease; thickening agent can be easily added to make brush-on molds.
- Shore A20 to A55 hardness liquid mold rubbers
- High-strength, abrasion-resistant, longest lasting molds
- Reproduces fine details
- Pourable or brushable (see “Thickeners” under “Accessories” for brushing)
- Can be accelerated for rapid cure
- Economical & versatile
- Ideal for the most demanding mold making applications
- All rubbers can be demolded after ~16 hours
- precast concrete casting
- architectural GFRC
- plaster casting
- art foundries
- sculpture and décor reproduction
- numerous hobby, craft, prop and display mold making and casting projects
- View more applications in the 74-Series product photo gallery.
|Product||Mix Ratio||Shore Hardness||Pour Time||Cured Color|
|Poly 74-20||1A:2B||A20||30 min.||Yellow|
|Poly 74-24||1A:1B||A25||20 min.||Amber|
|Poly 74-29||1A:1B||A30||30 min.||Black or White|
|Poly 74-30||1A:1B||A30||25-30 min.||Amber/Varies|
|Poly 74-30 HT||1A:1B||A30||25-30 min.||Amber/Varies|
|Poly 74-30 Clear||1A:1B||A30||25-30 min.||Transparent Amber|
|Poly 74-40||2A:1B||A40||20 min.||Varies|
|Poly 74-41||1A:1B||A40||20 min.||Varies|
|Poly 74-44||2A:1B||A45||20 min.||Gray|
|Poly 74-45||1A:1B||A45||30 min.||Yellow|
|Poly 74-55||4A:1B||A55||15 min.||Amber|
|Softener||Add Poly 74/75 Part C Softener to 74-Series products for a lower-viscosity mix and a softer rubber.|
|Accelerator||Add Poly 74/75 Part X Accelerator to 74-Series products to accelerate the cure.|
|Thickeners||Use PolyFiber II or Fumed Silica to thicken the liquid mix for application by brush or trowel.|
|UV Stabilizer||Use UV additive to help reduce the characteristic surface degradation caused by sunlight.|
|Reinforcement Materials for Blanket Molds||Use Tietex® Fabric to reinforce blanket molds.|
|Product Life Extender||Use Poly Purge Aerosol Dry Gas to extend product life by spraying it into containers before resealing.|
Watch how to make a veneer stone mold with Poly 74-20:
Other 74-Series Tutorials on the Polytek YouTube Channel:
- Tutorial: How to Make a One-Piece Block Mold with Poly 74-20.
- Tutorial: How to Make a Travertine Panel Mold using Poly 74-45.
- Tutorial: Casting Concrete into a Poly 74-45 Travertine Panel Mold.
- Tutorial: How to Make a Poly 74-45 Mold of a Wood Panel.
- Tutorial: How to Make a Poly 74-45 Mold of a Plastic Model.
Tutorials & Other Information on the Polytek Blog
- How To Make a Rubber Mold for Casting Concrete Tiled Panels [Product: Poly 74-45 Liquid Rubber]
- Creating Custom Concrete Coaster Molds [Product: Poly 74-20 Liquid Rubber]
- How to Make a Concrete Sign [Product: Poly 74-45 Liquid Rubber]
- Featured Product: Poly 74-20 Liquid Mold Rubber