You are here
Workshops at Polytek
Polytek® Mold Making & Casting Workshops
- Make your own molds and castings with the assistance of Polytek® staff members
- Learn various mold making and casting techniques
- Work with all types of mold rubbers and resins: polyurethane rubber, silicone rubber, polyurethane resin, polyurethane foam, and more!
- Meet others with similar interests
- Buy additional material to take home at discounted prices during the seminar
- Learn vacuum and pressure casting for perfect detail
Attendees are invited to bring their own projects (as long as they can be completed in the two-day class).
Sign-up for the following workshops here.
2018 WORKSHOP DATES
Fall Seminar: October 18 & 19, 2018 - SOLD OUT
9:00 am – 5:00 pm (or later) each day.
Location: 55 Hilton Street, Easton, PA 18042
Lunch is provided each day.
Those that wish to participate only in the “seminar” portion of this event may do so at a discounted rate.
Enrollment will be limited to 20 people and advanced registration is required. Please call (800.858.5990) or email (email@example.com) for additional details, pricing or to sign-up!
The “seminar” portion of this event is a 5-hour review and demonstration of techniques and Polytek products. Some of the products that you’ll be introduced to:
- Polyurethane and silicone mold rubbers (e.g., Poly 74-Series, PlatSil® 71-Series)
- Polyurethane plastics (e.g., EasyFlo, Poly-Optic)
- Polyurethane foams
- Specialty materials (e.g., SkinWax)
Some of the techniques demonstrated include:
- Cold cast bronze
- Brush-on molds
- Block molds
- Rotational casting
- Foam casting
- Blanket molds
- and much more
The “workshop” portion of this event begins the afternoon of Day One. Attendees are invited to bring a small, uncomplicated model (preferably less than 12 inches) for the hands-on section of the workshop. After a group review of each project, attendees set-up their work areas and staff members help them get their projects started. If you do not have a model to bring with you, we have plenty of options to choose from in our shop.
With the assistance of staff members, attendees continue to work on the projects that were started on Day One. There is also a group review of the previous day’s demonstrations.